- 2023 June 05
Faculites and Institues
Faculites of Agriculture
Faculites of Basic Sciences
Faculites of Engineering
Faculites of Humanities
Institute For Astronomy and Astrophysics
Research and Innovation Management
Entrepreneurship and industrial Relationship
The City Of Maragheh at a glance
UM at a Glance
Memorandum of Understanding
Services for International Students
Admission & Requirements
Acceptance Deadline & Academic Calendar
Resources & Forms
Tuition & Expenses
How to Apply
Vice-Chancellor for Education and Research Affairs
Vice-Chancellor for Financial and Administrative Affairs
Vice-Chancellor for Student Affairs
Vice-Chancellor for Socio-Cultural Affairs
Board of trusts
Advisors for the Office
Planning and Monitoring Office
UM at a Glance
University of Maragheh
ake a glance at the movie
University of Maragheh was established as an Agricultural Research Institute with the purpose of training and providing some of the country's expert forces at high scientific levels in 1987.
It was promoted to the Faculty of Agriculture in 1999 and upgraded to the Higher Education Center in 2005. Finally, in 2006, the Council of Higher Education Development agreed to promote it and in 2009, the University of Maragheh was established. To date, as a public university in the south of East Azarbaijan province, it continues to fulfill its mission and can be considered as a young and developing university in comparison to many universities in Iran and the world.
The university has trained expert forces and has set quality as its number one priority. It has been in a position to become a leading academic institution in the region and in the country.
According to the latest rankings, including 130 universities, University of Maragheh gained the 30
This university is currently working with four faculties of agriculture, basic sciences, engineering and humanities, one institute for astronomy and astrophysics and one center of technological growth. Students work at different levels of Ph.D., Master’s and Bachelor’s programs relying on the devoted and expert faculty members in order to accomplish the country’s objectives in Future Perspective Document. This University attempts to play an effective role in the higher education system of the region.
University of Maragheh is primarily established to achieve the following objectives:
* To improve society’s intellectual, cultural, scientific, economic, and environmental domains. The research projects are conducted based on the requests of industrial, governmental, and also private sectors
* To enrich knowledge base through supporting professors’ and postgraduate students’ innovative ideas in doing research studies and providing them with the required equipment
* To educate and cultivate students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the country and world
* To internationalize the university is another orientation of University of Maragheh. It is being attempted to increase international cooperation with foreign universities and scientific institutes, and to advance exchange programs in order to absorb more foreign students.
* Opening Ceremony: It is held in September to officially open each academic year in the presence professors, students and administrative staff and to welcome the freshmen.
* Graduation Ceremony: It is held in July to celebrate the official graduation of the students and awarding them their degrees.
* National Student Day: It is a day in which the top students of each department and also top-ranking students in Entrance exam are awarded in the presence of academic staff and other students.
* National Teachers’ Day: It is celebrated on May 2
each year and it commemorates the martyrdom of Dr. Motahari. It is held in the presence of all academic staff and some elected teachers are glorified and awarded by the chancellor of the university.
* National Inspirational Student Festival (Festival of Harekat): This festival of student associations is yearly held in all universities of the country with a special focus on synergy, development of innovative ideas, and an increase of motivation and inspiration among students. In this festival the students of each department introduces innovate ideas for developing science and education in their field and the ones with the most inspirational ideas are awarded on the closing day of the festival.
Facts and Figures
Number of Faculties and Institutes
Four faculties including 1) Faculty of Agriculture, 2) Faculty of Basic Science, 3) Faculty of Engineering, and 4) Faculty of Human Science
one institute for astronomy and astrophysics and one center of technological growth.
Number of Laboratories
including one central Laboratory
Number of Libraries
including one central library
Number of Scientific Journals
Faculty Members Statistics-2021
Faculty Members (Total): 142
Males: 120 Females: 22
Associate Professors: 35
Assistant Professors: 88
Students (Total): 3289
Ph.D. students: 58
Master’s students: 736
Bachelor’s students: 2495
Graduates Statistics (2020)
Graduates (Total): 5619
Ph.D. graduates: 16
Master’s graduates: 759
Bachelor’s graduates: 3990
Associate’s graduates: 854
* Nazmiyeh, A., Ph.D (1987-1990)
* Eftekharzadeh, M. S., MSc (1990-1993)
* Sonboli, A., Ph.D (1993-1999)
* Azam Parsa, M. R., Ph.D (2000-2003)
* Gharekhani, Gh., Ph.D (2003-2005)
* Hojjati, Gh., Ph.D (2005-2009)
* Zadshakouyan, M., Ph.D (2009-2014)
* Shahabivand, S., Ph.D (2014-2015)
* Lotfollahi, M. A., Ph.D (2015-2021)
* Mohammad Zadshakoyan (2022-present)